[ncsc-moths] Mystery Micro

  • From: Lori Owenby <loriowenby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 17:34:40 -0400

So, after many months of not actively looking for moths . . . . I left
the blacklight on last night both at home and at work!  Nothing
spectacular but it was great to see some old familiar friends this
morning.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing Delicate Cycnias
or Tulip-tree Beauties!  I did have one little guy who I can't
identify though.  I've looked all afternoon--at MPG, BugGuide,
MicroLeps, Ken's photos, Merrill's photos, and Mark Dreiling's photos
and I still am not sure.  I only got one very bad shot as it flew off
right after I snapped it.  My gut tells me that it should be somewhere
in the Leaf Miners (Gracillarioidea).  Parectopa robiniella - Locust
Digitate Leafminer - Hodges#0657 seems closest with the striped legs
but that just isn't it (I think).  Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated!

--
-----
Lori Owenby

"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to
pursue happiness.  You have to catch it yourself."  ~Benjamin Franklin