[ncsc-moths] Re: More Wake county leps

  • From: "birdranger" <cbockhahn4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 22:25:08 -0400

Thanks Parker, Harry et al.  I badly need DSL or a good field guide.  For
every one I can ID it seems there is at least one I cannot, suppose that
will keep getting better.  Like Merril though, I have since March already
ID'd 100 species at my place, with a few dozen unknowns still.  I am finding
zero spring moths.

Here are a few more I'm stuck on, thanks in advance.  I only post since
others will likely be seeing them too, I've seen a couple of each the past
few days.  To prove my moth-brain overload last night I had a dream that all
of us on this list were at my park office showing off our mystery moth
photos on a slide screen, and J. Pippen daytime lepmaster extraordinaire was
calling out the ID's as we excitedly took notes!  Catawba County folks
brought brownies, thanks.

Brian Bockhahn
Falls Lake State Park Ranger
Falls & Kerr Lake CBC Compiler