[ncsc-moths] Re: IDing December moths- or trying to!

  • From: Lori Owenby <loriowenby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:06:13 -0500

Sorry, Doug!  I thought my signature line went with the e-mail, but I guess
I was wrong!  I live in Catawba County, NC where I have the privilege of
working for the county as Park Ranger doing both grunt work and educating
the public about nature as a whole.  My favorite part is when I get to get
kids out into the woods (many for the first time) and let them experience
nature first hand.  I offer "moth club" events during the warm months to
the public to come and see what all is out there after dark.  I've been
very successful at times with these events and have even had the chair of
our County Commission bring her family out to participate.  I feel it is
pertinent to share our passions with others--especially the next
generation--as they are truly the ones in control of the fate of many of
these species.

--
-----