[ncsc-moths] Re: Geometrid help

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 04:57:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jackie and Hugh!

Hugh, was your response meant for all 4 photographs or just the last one?

The ST line on the moth in IMG_7861 is very wavy which is something not
seen in any of the photos of Gueneria similaria or Cabera erythemaria on MPG or
BG.

Maybe some more information will help pick the most likely ID. Does anyone know
the flight season or size range for Gueneria similaria? The moth in IMG_7861
was photographed on 8/22 and had a wingspan of 18 mm which puts it under the
21-28mm range given for Cabera erythemaria. The first 3 were seen at the
beginning of June.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County