[ncsc-moths] Re: Eupsilia

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 07:20:04 -0800 (PST)

It would be great if others got involved in taking these close-up shots so we
could compare notes. I've heard that the reniform on E. vinulenta is usually
flat-ish on the bottom so if that spot is round, it's probably not vinulenta. I
haven't examined enough to know if this holds true but others that have
examined hundreds say it does. Those others are in Michigan so it's possible
what they are seeing is a regional variation. I've also noticed that vinulenta
has a dirtier look to it. Again, I haven't examined enough to say that holds
true.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County