[ncsc-moths] Re: Buncombe County WNC

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:16:07 -0500

Vin,

Glad to hear somebody in the mountains is seeing moths!  All of your images
appear to me to be an Acleris of some sort.  This genus is notoriously
variable in maculation.  Two possibilities are A. schalleriana #3527 and A.
cervinana #3514, both of which have been recorded in Great Smokies NP.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm