[ncsc-moths] Re: Acleris headache

  • From: Bob Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:57:37 -0400

Using the weave of the sheet as a basis for comparison, the second moth was
larger than the first one by a noticeable amount. Hopefully I'll see more of
the second one and get more photos. I went through the Tortricinae on the MPG
site twice looking for a good match. No dice.

Bob
-----------------
On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:48 AM, J. Merrill Lynch wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Were they the same size?  The first moth has a slight concavity along
> the forewing costa, lacking on the second moth, so I think they are
> different species.  Your I.D. on the first looks good.  Don't know
> about the second.
>
> Merrill

Bob Perkins
Woodlawn, Virginia