[ncsc-moths] 20 early November species

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:18:05 -0500

Here are my early November species all photographed from my deck or porch
using black lights for attraction. I'm fairly confident about all the IDs
except 3695, Sparganothis sulfureana, which lacks some of the usual field
marks.  I have far more species photographed, November and other months,
than I have been able to identify, so will eventually share some of these
unidentifieds with the group.

I have been sending my mostly correctly identified moth pictures to John
Synder at Furman which have been added to the excellent SC Moths database-
http://facweb.furman.edu/~snyderjohn/sc-moths/   Does NC have such a
database?   I am located 8 miles south of the NC border in Spartanburg
county.

My 20 early November species follow.  Corrections or comments please-

https://picasaweb.google.com/114446304105523815248/November2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWizZyQ2sDuigE
#

Doug Allen   Windmll Hill, SC