[ncpm] economic regeneration?

  • From: che ziggy <che_ziggy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:19:19 -0800 (PST)

I am on the XL newsletter list and just got this on it

"Due to a lack of quality venues in and around
Sheffield, XL is finally shutting up shop as a regular
monthly event. Since the closer of the National Centre
for Popular Music we have struggled to find a venue
equal to it. "

I also know that nights like Sunday Sessions and Fairy
Likuid have also struggled with venues.  Dear I say
that I thought Yorkshire Forward were meant to be
about the economic regeneration of the region.  Seems
to be a strange way of going about it.

Also followed the link for

and the page has been temporarily disabled!!!
Interesting especially as I hear on the grapevine that
the powers that be were very upset by it and were
trying to track it down in order to find out who was
behind it and close it down.

Me thinks somebody up there is very scared especially
if they have to suppress freedom of speech as well as
keep everything behind closed doors.

I suppose that means we must be doing something right.

Do you Yahoo!?