[ncpm] Re: basically it's still a scandal

  • From: andy <anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:41:54 +0000

>> And will the university be obliged to invest the =A310 million they've scam=
>> from us into community projects?
>> Will there be conditions and requirements on the university's use of the
>> building?
>> Who will be investigating the legality of ALL of this - from the failure =
>> Music Heritage to present accounts and consult the charity commission abo=
>> the sale, to the controversial attitude and lack of transparency demonsta=
>> by 'Yorkshire Forward'? What about the senior university figures involved=
> on
>> the boards of various quangos involved in this entire (potentially
>> fraudulent) debacle?
>> I am appalled that the future of our 'cultural quarter' seems likely to
>> consist of drunken students vomitting on the 'ncpm square' in transit fro=
>> 'their' students union to the tacky and intimidating lap-dancing club acr=
>> the way.
>> All because of hidden land-bargaining deals that line the pockets of thos=
>> whose agendas should be a WHOLE lot more accountable.
>> It's all totally lame and only serves to reinforce Sheffield's image of
>> corruption and incompetence. To think foreign visitors are still toured
>> around the CIQ in order to witness our 'unique success'!!!?
>> The whitewash on the windows of NCPM is the nearest to the truth we will
>> get, I fear.
>> Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Andy Stamp
The Culture Company
The Workstation
15 Paternoster Row
S1 2BX

landline: 0114 - 225 - 4616.
mobile: 07816 - 000 - 891.
Fax: 0114 - 225 - 4606.

This year's Shooting Live Artists Commissions will be launched at the Site
Gallery on Friday the 28th of March running through to Friday the 9th of

This year's Shooting Live Artists Commissions are:

Pleasant Land by Third Angel.

Suffragettes invented Performance Art by Leslie Hill and Helen Paris

Skin / Strip Online by Completely Naked and Further field.

TRANSFORMER by Daniel Gosling.

File under Sacred Music by Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard.

iROOM by Ronald Fraser- Munroe.

To see the artworks as they grow and to relish last year's online media
arts works please go to:

For information about The Culture Company, current and future projects
please go to:

Shooting Live Artists is produced and funded by The Culture Company, The
Arts Council of England, The BBC and The Studio of the North with support
from the European Regional Development Fund.