[ncpm] Yorkshire Backward

  • From: Sam Easterby-Smith <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:28:41 +0000

I'm writing with regard to a site which appears to be hosted on your
servers by the name of "Yorkshire Backward" (http://www.yf-sucks.org.uk)
i saw mentioned on an email list today.

It appears that this site has been made inaccessible (the page returns
403 Forbidden errors)

I would be interested to know wether this is as a result of a complaint
by Yorkshire Forward over the content of the site or merely a problem
with bandwidth, user-incompetence, billing or some such.

If any of the latter are true, please accept my apologies for the
following rant.

If the former is true I would like to point out:

- - that yorkshrie backward is a satirical website expressing genuine
public concerns over the activities of our favorite unelected,
unaccountable and seemingly unstoppable regional development agency.

- - it could be construed that the content is "calculated to adversely
affect any individual, group or entity", however it is satire - and
satire has been known to have a positive impact on those it portrays -
it might encourage Yorkshire Forward to become a more open organisation,
an outcome which couldn't be anything but good.

- - that the removal of the site constitutes censorship and suppression of
the worst kind - is Yorkshire Forward really a "competent authority" in
deciding what we can and can't see?

Looking forward to your response,

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (Darwin)