[ncpm] Re: The matrix proposal was a fix?

  • From: Jeff Cooper <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:15:53 +0100

Good luck, Marcus!
I don't rate your chances high, though...
PS: What is 'the culture of Sheffield'?
From: "Marcus O'Hagan" <marcusoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:57:13 +0100
To: <ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ncpm] The matrix proposal was a fix?

To all those who are interested in the healthy growth of the cultural
community in SHeffield.
I,  personally, cannot sit back and see the culture of Sheffield be abused
by variously SHU, SCC, YF and others in the CIQ.

I am therefore asking the Charity Commission to formally invistigate the
process and legality of what happened at the NCPM, and the relationships
(conflicts) between the various "charitable" organisations within CIQ.

They (the CC) have already investigated once, but it would appear that the
investigator was 'warned off' and did almost nothing, including investigate.
They were not aware of some important aspects of the case because they
talked only to those with vested interests.

This is a call for information and evidence regarding the NCPM and the other
charitable organistaions within the CIQ, their board members and the
conflicts of interest which exist.

I am also interested in the backchannelling which must have gone on for the
"matrix" proposal to be as skewed as it was. It did not, in any way,
represent the proposals developed by Pride in Sheffield members and seems to
have been directed by others. As I said before, I was extremely suspicious
when I was refused access to meetings with YF, SHU and Pride in Sheffield at
the insistance of  SMEC and Inspiral. (this information supplied by Gareth).
My conclusion, until I am shown otherwise, is that there was a conspiracy by
those with a separate agenda within the CIQ groups to ensure that the NCPM
would be used for puposes which they would control.

I am not entirely sure what will be the outcome of this. My hope is that the
truth will eventually be told. Let's be clear about one thing, the complex
land deal which ultimately saw the loss of the ncpm would normallly have
taken more than a year to set up and clear legally. I think it took less
than three months, even with PIS action.

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Marcus O'Hagan

You may wish to contact me directly, or through this nice open and
transparent noiceboard here. I'm in the phone book.

attached. 2 letters from CC