• From: vesper <create@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:46:36 +0000

on 25/11/02 2:53 pm, Ben Lowndes at ben.lowndes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The Star says opinion piece was critical, but anyone who is saying the piece
> on P2 on Friday was to is also being a little harsh.
> It is worth remembering we were the only news gathering organisation there
> to cover the event - and your views - as it happened, on a night made
> extremely busy by the ongoing fire strike.
> Both myself and the photographer left before the end because we had to be on
> other jobs later that evening.
> On balance, our coverage has been extremely positive towards your cause. I
> refer you to a front page lead, a two-page spread and at least three other
> stories about Pride in Sheffield over the last month or so.
> Write to us all by all means, we want your views. But cutting us off for one
> critical comment piece is, in my mind, not going to serve the cause you are
> working so hard to serve.
> BL
> 0114 276 7676.
(please re-read the followiing email!) is it just me or is the language that
we are now talking sounds like some form of club slang. After initially
supporting the NCPM project - why does it seem to have turned into everyone
involved talking ike Ali G. Please lets remember that the NCPM is supposed
to be for everyone and that Sheffield is not just made up of Club Promoters
who have a vested interest in the place - how about making the place into a
centre of style - the design of the place does suggest so!

Please feel free to send me lots of pointless emails instead of thinking

Yours Sincerley