• From: Ben Lowndes <ben.lowndes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:53:40 -0000

The Star says opinion piece was critical, but anyone who is saying the piece
on P2 on Friday was to is also being a little harsh.

It is worth remembering we were the only news gathering organisation there
to cover the event - and your views - as it happened, on a night made
extremely busy by the ongoing fire strike.

Both myself and the photographer left before the end because we had to be on
other jobs later that evening.

On balance, our coverage has been extremely positive towards your cause. I
refer you to a front page lead, a two-page spread and at least three other
stories about Pride in Sheffield over the last month or so.

Write to us all by all means, we want your views. But cutting us off for one
critical comment piece is, in my mind, not going to serve the cause you are
working so hard to serve.

0114 276 7676.

> ----------
The information contained in the e-mail (and any attachment) is strictly
confidential and intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use,
disclosure or replication of information contained within this e-mail (and
any attachment) is strictly prohibited and may be actionable via legal
proceedings. If you are not the person or organisation to whom it is
addressed then you should not take any action in reliance upon it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by e-mail at: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and
not those of Johnston Press plc or any of it subsidiaries.

Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the company. This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.   Please
note that communications sent by or to any person through our computer
systems may be viewed by other employees of ours.  Email traffic may be

If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT manager
by telephone on 0113 243 2701