[ncpm] Make some noize...

  • From: "Bill Best" <billbest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:37:44 +0000

>Isn't this too late bearing in mind the email of Diana Green - at
>least in terms of keeping the NCPM public?

Further too Jenny's email, Diana Green said that with regards to The School
of Cultural Studies, SHU "hope[s] to use the site, currently occupied by the
Students Union, to create a new landmark building opposite Sheffield's
railway station".

Further - "the Board of Governors has asked [Diana Green] to open
negotiations with Yorkshire Forward for the acquisition of the building
which housed the former National Centre of Popular Music (NCPM) to provide
them with a new home...Should negotiations over the acquisition not be
successful, an alternative will be found".

Therefore, by making representations now to Yorkshire Forward, SheffieldOne
and so on we _might_ have a chance of influencing the final decision.

There's still all to play for in other words - and at least we now have a
better idea of what we're up against.

Certainly, there is not much time left since I have it on good authority
that the Student Union want to be in the NCPM by the start of the next
academic year.  With all the building refit/refurb they will be wanting to
make a start on the NCPM at the earliest opportunity.

So, write those letters, fax those MP's, send those emails and MAKE SOME
NOIZE!!!

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!