[ncpm] Ideas

  • From: Sangita Basudev <sangita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:18:55 +0100

Hi Everyone

Hope this e-mail finds you well.

As a tenant of the Building for the next 5 years it is great to see a list
set up and ideas beginning to float around about how the building can be
used by the creative sector in the City.  The Drum is a community media
centre which provides training, access to equipment and also a broadcasting

I like the idea of a flexible space which contains the elements below which
are suggested in Steve's paper.  It would be great to have a live
performance space which Sheffield Live! could broadcast over the airwaves
and the Internet.  The people we train in sound production and webcasting
would get hands on experience of delivering in a live broadcasting environment.

I think it is vital that the space is available for conferences and
events.  In the last month we have been approached by a number of
organisations that are looking for a central and community space that they
can hold events, conferences and festivals in.

The building has to be accessible to the community of Sheffield and has to
be run by an organisation that is accountable rather then as a quango.

What do other people thing are the important elements for the future of the

cultural conferences and events
- digital content exhibitions
- multimedia production studios
- digital media archive