[ncpm] Had enough of Hallam University yet? So have we - join the rally!

  • From: Anonymous <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:13:29 +0100 (CET)

We're back in business!

Join the televised rally at 6pm on the 14th Feb at The National Centre For
Popular Music, when Hallam will be re-opening the centre as a students union.
The NCPM was built from lottery funding, so its true ownership is that of the
people. The BBC have questioned Hallam on the validity of the sale, including
the 20 million (est.) it cost to build and the 1.4 million they bought it for.
The questions will continue until we have the centre back. It is your heritage,
YOU OWN A PART OF IT ! Hallam has convinced most of Sheffield they were doing
us a favour by buying it - RUBBISH! They are putting many people out of
business, completely abusing their monopoly and far worse. The building should
be used to promote music / radio / film / artistic media for the people of

For further information / updates, please keep visiting the website
www.rage-against-hallam.co.uk The rally will take place at 6pm on the 14th Feb
at the NCPM Paternoster Row opposite the Workstation / Sound Control. Fancy
dress optional!

Many companies and individuals are involved, and the list is rapidly growing.
You may wish to put a link on the site to show your support. Your support does
not necessarily need to be concerned with the NCPM, it could be about any of
the problems concerning Hallam, whether historical or new. Just send an email
with your link details.

Or, you may have something juicy to tell us, as many other companies and
individuals have. What's your story? How have you been affected by Hallam? No
matter how small, Email us and let us know, you will receive complete
anonymity, Or you may wish to go public like so many of us !

Anything you wish to put on the site, please, please, be very clear of what it
is you want to say. Anything which is written soley for us (for our ears only)
please make that clear also (If you could highlight pertinant areas of interest
to enable us to get to the crux of the matters quickly that would be helpfull)
Many of you mention other companies, where you feel facts need to be brought to
light. We are aware of some of these, and dealing with hundreds of documents
already, plus material that constantly comes in. I'm afraid we can only deal
with a certain amount of issues at one time in order to make sure we are
effective in our aims, please be patient.

It is important to establish certain facts, more facts are coming to light with
new material (so please keep sending it,no matter how small). All this work has
to be done meticulously to be effective, and solicitors are not the quickest of
people. It WILL - take time.