[ncpm] Fax Your MP...please

  • From: "Bill Best" <billbest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:16:18 +0000

There was an excellent meeting last night of "Pride In Sheffield" in The
Workstation.  Watch this space for further exciting developments in the
campaign to put some life back into this great city of ours.

Hopefully, Gareth (you there, mate?) will circulate an agenda of forthcoming
events which are planned up to and including a Christmas fund-raising

In the meantime, keep writing those letters and faxes and talking to your
friends, neighbours and family about the "Pride In Sheffield" campaign.

Remember, the facility to contact your MP for free (it only takes 10 mins
max of your time) can be found at: http://www.faxyourmp.com

This does actually yield positive dividends as shown by this reply Niels
Puttemans, a staunch "Pride In Sheffield" supporter, received from Clive
Betts MP:

Dear Mr Puttemans

Thankyou for your fax concerning the use of the National Centre for Popular
Music building.

The rumours indicating that the Sheffield Hallam University might take over
the building are true.  In fact, the University has confirmed that they are
putting in a bid to take the building over for a Student Union, and
replacing their existing Union buildings as part of the campus for cultural

While I accept that this might at least occupy the building and keep life in
the area, I think there are many other uses it could be put to connected
with culture or media which would be of far greater benefit to the area and
would have a spin-off for other businesses and facilities in the area.  I am
therefore going to write to the University and to Yorkshire Forward, who
actually own the building, suggesting that alternative uses might be

Yours sincerely

Clive Betts
MP for Sheffield Attercliffe

So, you see: it does work!  Get faxin'!