[ncolug] Re: resolv.conf

  • From: Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 10:53:01 -0400

Larry is on the right track.  The question is, where is that getting
set?  Are you using Network Manager to set up your networking?  If so,
you'll want to change the settings via the icon on your Gnome panel.
If you are using DHCP and directly modifying /etc/network/interfaces,
then you will need to make the changes at your router.  Or, you could
also set them via various options on /etc/network/interfaces to ensure
that nothing remote will override them.  You will want to check out
the man page for "interfaces" for more details.

Rob

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Larry DiGioia <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it getting it from the DHCP server?
>
> On 04/22/2011 01:32 AM, Ken Allen wrote:
>>
>> My resolv.conf file keeps changing the nameserver that it looks for ip
>> address for.  These is causing an error in apt-get update or update manager
>> on some of the sources that I am trying to get to.
>>
>> I want it to stay at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, which most of you know is the
>> Google DNS.  How can I keep this from changing so it don't have to do this
>> everytime I turn around?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ken
>>

> --
> Studio - D Productions    l o n g w i r e . c o m
>
> "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."
>
>                                    William James

> the Subject field.

Subject field.