[ncolug] Re: libc6 during the install

  • From: "Michael K." <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:28:28 -0500

I just don't see the advantage of pearing down the modules like hat. What do I gain by not having usb-printing support there?

Mike K.

Chuck Stickelman wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Except a printer....   ;o)

Sorry, had to do that.

Mike K.

No problem.  You're right, my laptop does not currently have USB printer
support.

Now, if I owned a USB printer or wanted to use USB printers I would not
have to reload my OS.  I wouldn't have to find a new Distribution that
has USB printer support. I would not have to jump through a bunch of hoops.

All I'd do is modify a config file and build the needed loadable modules
for USB printer support.

One option that is available to me is to build into my kernel only those
modules I need to boot, and then build EVERY possible loadable module. Once I've done that I could connect any bit of hardware to this laptop
and make it work.

I'm not going to do that.

Chuck

Subject field.