[ncolug] Re: free

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:47:27 -0500

I disagree... we all have our preferences.  I'm getting to the point that a
pre-installed and well designed OEM install of a FOSS OS sounds pretty
good.  I think it's a valid point as well.

And, if the preface of the "Ubuntu won" portion of this question is true
isn't that a side effect?  I mean, you can get Ubuntu pre-installed on quite
a few systems from several OEMs, including Dell.

Also know, there are quite a few people out there that can to amazing things
with tools... but they couldn't build the tool they use.  That's what we're
talking about with pre-installation, right?

Mike Knisely