[ncolug] Re: Virtual Meeting

  • From: Chuck Stickelman <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 23:23:51 -0400

I like the idea of having a FOSS group.  NCOLUG can and should broaden
our focus to include FOSS (even FOSS on Windows...)

I think eLuminate provides a great solution for virtual meetings!  NC
State has an account that allows faculty to use the tool.  I'll check to
see if it's available for the LUG.

Other ideas and suggestions requested.
Chuck

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 08:52 -0400, M. Knisely wrote:
> I'm in for virtual meetings, though I'd love to be able to make it to
> physical ones.  I'm going to be working this semester here to foster a
> Linux User's Group, or perhaps a FOSS group, here at Terra.  Once that
> group is going, I plan on having the ability to participate virtually
> in the meetings.  Perhaps they could complement the NCOLUG meeting.
>

> Mike K.
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Chuck Stickelman
> <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 22:11 -0400, Jim Dolan wrote:
>
>         >
>         > BTW: While the BBS still seems quite alive and healthy,
>         anything going
>         > on with the monthly meetings?  I know I'm not the only one
>         who has
>         > looked for them at NCSC over the summer.  Still on the first
>         Thursday?
>         > Where?  I bet there are a few people with questions who
>         could benefit
>         > from the help.
>         >

>         Jim,
>
>         The lack of active meetings during the Summer is my "fault".
>          My
>         schedule was open most of those days, yet I failed to make it
>         priority.  I am sorry.
>
>         All, today is the first Thursday of September, so we *should*
>         have a
>         meeting.  However, my schedule (at the track and at home) is
>         full.  What
>         do we as a group want to do?
>
>         Moving forward I will be teaching in Shelby on Thursdays.  Can
>         we get
>         someone to step up and volunteer to host the meeting?  Or do
>         we become
>         an on-line only group?  I need input.
>
>         Chuck
>         NCOLUG Director Emeritus For Life