[ncolug] Re: Ubuntu 10.10 question Being a Newbie

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:14:24 -0400

On 04/29/11 00:36, Aidan Artos MacTyre wrote:
Been using Ubuntu 10.04 for a while, and wondered why it's update
manager hadn't upgraded the install to 10.10. Apparently there is a
block on that update step. As I type this note, I am downloading the CD
Image for the 10.10 Live CD to use as an upgrade for my 10.04 Ubuntu so
that I can make the further upgrade to 11.04 (current version). I also
did a download and burn of a 64 bit version of 10.04 which appears to
run quite well on my equipment.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MaverickUpgrades

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NattyUpgrades

Not sure that this will get you to 64bit version.

Since you already have the CD d/l you may just go that route. I've personally never been very fond of Ubuntu's upgrade route. Moving from anything other than last release to latest ensures lots of downloading and upgrading. Typically through each release. It can be done without the CD though, just be prepared for it to take a long time.

Mike

Subject field.