[ncolug] Two laptops needed temporarily

  • From: Henry Keultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeffrey Beebe <jbeebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:20:45 -0400

Thanks, Jeff.

I am not too enchanted with those no-brand laptops but the PCMIA card might be worth the $16 if I can get it for that. And, do I understand correctly that it runs fine directly on 110V without a battery?

What brand is that PCMIA card?

Henry

J. Beebe wrote:

We just put an old P2-333 unit up on the auction block, and the auction ends on the 18th. I was running an old version of ubuntu on it for election night results, but the election results event has since moved to another building. I have been unable to find a replacement battery, however I see they have battery refill companies now and that may be an option. Here's the link for the auction:

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay.cfm?itemID=128&acctID=497

Thanks
Jeff

Henry Keultjes wrote:

I need two laptops for a registration job that I volunteered for. That job will last through 29APR2007.

P1's are fine as long as I can log on to the site with them.

If they have Linux on them I need to try them with the site we need to log on to.

Anyone able to help?

Henry 525-1111

PS: I have plenty of old laptops but I surmise those are a little or a lot too old.

Subject field.