[ncolug] Re: Nvidia Geforce4 Card Low Resolution Flat Panel LCD

  • From: nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 16:23:37 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 2/6/09, Timothy A Campbell <tcampbell7@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Timothy A Campbell <tcampbell7@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ncolug] Nvidia Geforce4 Card Low Resolution Flat Panel LCD
To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, February 6, 2009, 6:39 PM

I just installed xubuntu on a machine hooked to a flat panel tv with VGA
input.  I cannot get above 800x600 resolution on this no matter what I
try.

I've tried to install Nvidia drivers with Envy.  I've tried to install
via Synaptic Package Manager.  I've tried to edit the xorg.conf file,
but in reading through all the different forums and help out there, I
can't find the same answer twice on how what to include in the xorg.conf
file and what not to include.  Every time I've edited xorg it reboots in
low graphics mode.  It does not allow me higher resolutions.

Any ideas would be great.

Tim

sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh

this command prints the relevent outputs from
your system logs in a text document.
it will create this file in the present working directory
of the terminal used.

22" lcd using GeForce 6150 LE at 1280 x 1024, 3d accelerated
used Nvidia driver from their site.

legacy driver for GeForce4 ?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_x86_96.43.07.html