[ncolug] Nvidia Geforce4 Card Low Resolution Flat Panel LCD

  • From: Timothy A Campbell <tcampbell7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:39:23 -0500

I just installed xubuntu on a machine hooked to a flat panel tv with VGA
input.  I cannot get above 800x600 resolution on this no matter what I
try.

I've tried to install Nvidia drivers with Envy.  I've tried to install
via Synaptic Package Manager.  I've tried to edit the xorg.conf file,
but in reading through all the different forums and help out there, I
can't find the same answer twice on how what to include in the xorg.conf
file and what not to include.  Every time I've edited xorg it reboots in
low graphics mode.  It does not allow me higher resolutions.

Any ideas would be great.

Tim

Subject field.