[ncolug] Re: Linphone

  • From: Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:25:17 -0500

Yeah, Microsoft purchased Skype.  Never really liked the software to
begin with.  I prefer open communications via SIP, IAX, and/or
Asterisk.

I do recall Mike Knisely having used Ekiga to make some video calls
with his family when he was away.  I have typically stuck with voice
for my personal exploits.

Rob

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Henry Keultjes
<hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.linphone.org/
>
> Any one able to share their experience with this?
>
> Mike Bell and I where having trouble with getting Skype to work on my new
> Debian box so we thought of Linphone, installed it and within minutes we had
> video from my own camera on the screen.
>
> We will not go any further until Mike installs his Linphone so I have
> someone to go back and forth with.
>
> Microsoft buying Sky also seems to be a good reason to go with Linphone
> since there is reasonable speculation that Microsoft bought Skype to move
> the user base to MSN.
>
> Henry Keultjes
> Mansfield Ohio USA

> the Subject field.