[ncolug] Comparing today's computers to 1995's

  • From: hbkeultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:35:27 -0500

Kory:

It would be much more interesting if you came and took a look at the hardware we still have and use!

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA

Kory Pounds wrote:
LUG-Nuts,

I thought this was a pretty funny, but true, article. I found it
through Slashdot.

I am much younger than everyone else I am sending this email to. In
1995 I only had extremely limited experience with any computer (from
my high school days), and those computers were very primitive. I knew
nothing about any computer hardware and usage standards from that
time, neither did I currently understand what they were. That was
until I read this article.

After reading this article, I understand the HUGE difference in
standards that have taken place from 1995 through today. I am sure
that everyone who is reading this email had involvement with and owned
computer equipment in 1995. I would like to know what type of computer
equipment you owned in 1995 and how you used it. Was what you had then
"top of the line"? How much did it cost? What did you use it for? Did
you do much "hacking" with it to increase performance and to provide
any other enhancements? What type of "add-ons" did you use? What
operating system did you have on it? What type of
intranet/Internet/online usage did you have?

I would love to see all of you share your "testimonies" regarding this
matter. Here is the original article. Read it first then let us know
what you think:

http://therelativelyinterestingblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/comparing-todays-computers-to-1995s.html

Thanks everyone!

Kory Pounds