[ncolug] Boot Linux In Your Browser (using a Javascript emulator)

  • From: hbkeultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 15:26:05 -0400

So . . .  how do Firefox 4.o or Chrome get on my screen so they can boot
Linux?

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA

M. Knisely wrote:
I was toying around with that this morning.  Pretty cool.

Mike K.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Kory Pounds <kory.pounds@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kory.pounds@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    LUG-Nuts,

    Ok, Slashdot just posted this. I would like to know what good is this?
    Please check it out and let us know if this is really good for
    something. Below is the original Slashdot article with reader's
    comments. After that is the actual site that boots up a Linux prompt:

    http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/05/17/0242244/Boot-Linux-In-Your-Browser

    http://bellard.org/jslinux/

    Kory "The Perl Guru" Pounds

    --
    www.oncedead.com <http://www.oncedead.com>

    It is not what you do that determines who you are, it is who you are
    that determines what you do.

    Subject field.

Subject field.