[ncolug] Anyone want to start playing with Virtual Distributed Ethernet?

  • From: Chuck Stickelman <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NCOLUG <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 15:58:53 -0400

All,

Rob and I have been playing around with VDE in one of the labs @ NCSC
for a few months now.  While doing some research I found this page on
dpipe - one of the utilities that comes in the vde2 package.  This
section seemed enticing...

"The command

        dpipe vde_plug = ssh remote.machine.org vde_plug

connects  two  remote vde_switches.  If the two vde_switches run as
daemons
and they are connected to tap interfaces, a layer 2 encrypted tunnel is
established." [edited for grammar and clarity]

I think there are some VERY interesting projects awaiting for anyone
interested in VDE.

Chuck