[ncetm-geogebra] NCETM Project Report

  • From: Markus Hohenwarter <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncetm-geogebra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:29:20 -0500

Dear friends in England,

as you may have heard, GeoGebra was shortlisted for the BETT Awards
2009 but didn't get it. However, we don't need this commercial
advertising anyway because we have YOU - and that's much more
convincing for teachers to give free dynamic mathematics a try.

Thanks for all your support and help with spreading the word and
giving great workshops in our small NCETM project! Zsolt and I will
need to put together a project report by the end of February. If the
report is well received, we will get the remaining budget, so we can
pay all travel expenses and stipends, and possibly some further

It would be great if you could help us to gather some raw data about
the workshops you have done and also the GeoGebra materials you have
been using both in those workshops but also in your own teaching.

Please post and upload your
* GeoGebra Materials at http://ncetm-geogebra.pbwiki.com/Materials
* Workshops Dates at http://ncetm-geogebra.pbwiki.com/Workshops
Invite key: geogebra

Pbwiki now allows 2GB of upload space, this means that you can just
upload your files directly there if you find this easier than posting
links. If you don't feel comfortable with either, feel free to send me
an email with your materials, workshop dates, articles, or any other
GeoGebra related comments. All of this will be helpful for our project

Thanks so much for all your support,

P.S. Mike and I are hacking away to get the next version GeoGebra 3.2
ready. Still some bug fixing ahead but we should be able to get it out
there pretty soon.

Markus Hohenwarter, PhD
Florida Center for Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Florida State University, www.fcrstem.org

GeoGebra: www.geogebra.org
IGI: www.geogebra.org/IGI
CPALMS: www.cpalms.org