[ncetm-geogebra] Fwd: GeoGebra Tech Awards Press

  • From: Zsolt Lavicza <zl221@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncetm-geogebra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:30:48 +0000

Dear All,
I sent this message to local groups. I think it is relevant for everyone in our group :)
Best wishes,

Dear Friends of GeoGebra,

As you may have already heard, GeoGebra was honoured with the prestigious Tech Award in San Jose, California. This offers a great opportunity for us to make our work with GeoGebra visible around the world.

We are sending this news to various media in Austria, Hungary, UK and the USA. However, it would be great if you could contact local/ national media, on-line portals, journals, teacher organisations, or any institutions that might be interested in hearing about the success of the GeoGebra community.

Attached you can find a sample letter and press release that could help you to spread these news. Please feel free to modify these documents for your local needs.

Thank you for all your great support and help. We hope that this publicity will help us to attract public interest as well as funding so that we can continue to support local initiatives and the further development of GeoGebra and its community.

There will be several conferences on GeoGebra held in 2010. It would be great if you could attend some of these conferences and maybe help us to advertise them in your country:

Cordoba, Spain 12-14 March, Conference of the GeoGebra Institute of Andalusia

Istanbul, Turkey, 11-13 May, First Eurasia Meeting of GeoGebra

Ithaca, NY, USA, 27-28 July, First North American GeoGebra Conference

Reykjavik, Iceland, 12-14 August, Nordic GeoGebra Conference 2010

Salamanca, Spain, 9 September, GeoGebra day at MSEC-10

If there are other events that we don’t know of please let us know and we will add them to the conference lists. Also, we have printed some GeoGebra cards and if you want to take some of them to conferences or other events we can send some to you.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

All best wishes,

Zsolt and Markus

   Zsolt Lavicza
   University of Cambridge