[ncetm-geogebra] First meeting & wiki

  • From: "Markus Hohenwarter" <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncetm-geogebra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 16:42:45 +0100

Dear colleagues,

thank you very much again for joining us at our first NCETM project
meeting in Cambridge this Saturday! Zsolt and I are very happy to be
able to work with such an enthusiastic group of GeoGebra pioneers in

By sending an email to ncetm-geogebra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx you can easily
send an email to everybody involved in our project. Don't be shy to
share ideas and news with all of us.

* Our wiki
We now have a private wiki where we can collaborate:
 password: geogebra
There are already a couple of pages to get us started. Please have a
look at them and feel free to add anything that comes to your mind
including new pages. Especially, please add your ideas to
 - materials (also ideas for structure, length, templates, etc.)
 - workshops (dates, location, audience)
 - conferences (dates, location, deadlines, whether you plan to go)
 - who to approach for professional development
If you put interesting things on the wiki, please let us know by
sending a short message to ncetm-geogebra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Workshops
It would be great if you could try to set up a workshop on GeoGebra in
a school or a university in your area or at a teacher conference.
Please let us know about it on our pbwiki and via e-mail. Alison Lu or
Seonad Cook will help us to observe your workshops.

* NCETM Meeting notes
Attached you find the summarizing notes from our Saturday meeting.
Zsolt will soon meet people from NCETM to talk about the possibility
of extending our funding for more workshops. We will then write a
summary of our activities so far and send it to you, of course.

* Travel reimbursement
Please send your form for travel expenses (with train ticket or other
receipts) to Zsolt Lavicza, Faculty of Education, University of
Cambridge, 184 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PQ, UK

Thank you again for joining our project. I am sure we will create some
nice and useful materials for English teachers.

All the best,