[NCBI_ECDL_class] Re: word notes

  • From: "Theia Regan" <regantk@xxxxxx>
  • To: <ncbi_ecdl_class@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 05:07:38 -0000

   Thanks for that. Below I have written out a simple dinner recipe.

   Microwave kedgeree.

1 tin/149 g tuna in brien, drained, 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, 1 cup
basmati rice, 2 cups water, 2 tbs parsley, finely chopped.

 Method: I bring a pot of water to the boil and boil the eggs 10 mins. Pour
in to the sink and run cold water over them to stop further cooking. Combine
the water and rice in a microwave safe bowl or pyrex jug. Microwave on
medium high until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender. This takes
about 10 mins, you may need to add more water, taste test as you cook.

Cut the eggs in half, put the yolks in to a fine sieve. Chop the whites in
to small pieces. Flake the tuna with a fork, so just break it up. Stir the
tuna, chopped egg whites and parsley through the piping hot rice. Push the
egg yolks through the sieve, over the rice mix to make a fine, yellow
powder. You have a simple kedgeree right there!

 Note: the original recipe uses smoked white fish and cooks the rice on the
cooker top. I do that for a nicer texture, but the first recipe is quicker.

Best

theia

  _____