[NCBI_ECDL_class] mod 7 notes

  • From: "Joe Lonergan" <joe.lonergan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncbi_ecdl_class@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:46:18 +0100

Hi Anne and Tina
 Some notes for you to help you practice the communications part of mod 7.
To Send a new message in outlook

First open outlook by pressing windows key then P then M, until you hear
Microsoft office sub menu, and press right arrow and then down arrow until you
hear Microsoft outlook and enter.

You will be now in your inbox. Now press control + N to compose your new
message. Type in the e mail address you are asked to send it to. Tab once and
you are in the CC field tab again and type in your subject. Finally tab again
and you are in the body of your message. Type what your asked and then press
alt+ S to send your message.

Forwarding an E-Mail in Outlook

When you receive an e-mail that you would like someone else to read, you can
forward it to them

A.   To forward a e-mail, open an E-Mail from your inbox list view.
. , use the keystroke (control plus F) to forward the message.
. You now should be in the To Edit field. Type in the desired person's E-Mail
address.
. Now tab to the main edit field and type in your comment regarding this
message. Note- you can send the message with out writing a comment.
. Hold down the Alt key and tap the letter S to forward the message.

Sending an attachment.

With an email message open, access the Insert menu by
using the Alt I. keystroke. Arrow up or down to the menu item titled "file",
and press Enter .
A dialog box appears where we are prompted to enter a name for the file
If you don't know the exact name and or location of the file you want to
attachPress TAB or alt and I,  until the "look in" combo box. This combo box
lists the
various drives of your computer, and commonly used folders such as "desktop"
and "my documents". Arrow down to the parent directory of the desired file.
Press TAB until the "list view" combo box. If the desired file is located
within this list, arrow down to it and press Enter.
If the parent folder, of the desired file is listed, arrow down to it, then
press Enter and repeat until this list repopulates with the desired file
name.
Once you have pressed Enter on the desired file name, the "browse files"
dialogue box closes, the file is attached and focus is returned to the body
of the email.
Note: The attached file will be located in a separate field between the body
of the email and the subject line field. You can move to the attachments
field to review the attached file with the Tab or Shift Tab keystroekes.

Replying to a message.

When in the inbox locate the message you want to reply to. Then press the
keystroke control + r. This will land you in the body of the message. Type your
message then press alt+ s to send.

Deleting a message.

When in the inbox locate the message you want to delete then simply just press
the delete key and  the message will be moved to the deleted folder.

Check-out NCBI's <a href="http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U";>Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh
appeal</a>

NCBI: Celebrating 80 Years

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).

represent the views of NCBI