[NCBI_ECDL_class] FW: Audio Described Opera

  • From: "Tina Lowe" <tina.lowe@xxxxxx>
  • To: <ncbi_ecdl_class@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 11:15:08 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Colette McGahon [mailto:colettemcgahon@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 September 2014 09:57
To: tina.lowe@xxxxxx
Subject: Audio Described Opera

Hi Tina - Colette McGahon here ! I have started a new opera company called
Irish Youth Opera and we are putting on an opera called The Rape of Lucretia
next week in the O’Reilly Theatre in Belvedere College. There are two
performances, one on Thursday of next week Sept 11th and one on Friday 12th.
The one on Thursday 11th will be audio described for the visually impaired -
this will be the first time that opera has been audio described in Ireland.
 I am attaching a flyer which has all the booking details on the back and if
you could let as many people as possible know of this opportunity I’d be really
grateful. The student rate is €22 but there is a Cinema Deal (opera for the
price of going to the cinema) for €9. These tickets are limited and on a first
come first served basis.
People should mention they need to avail of the audio description when they are
booking.
Really hope this is of interest.
Hope all is well with you and if there are other people or groups who you think
I should contact I love if you could let me know.
Many thanks
Colette