[NASPRO-devel] Re: Hello James

  • From: Jamie Bullock <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: naspro-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:13:01 +0000

Hi Stefano,

It's thrilling to see NASPRO development coming along. I was going to
email you anyhow to compliment you on the new site!

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 18:02 +0100, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> How is Integra going? I'm not following it, but maybe there is space
> for some kind of collaboration (formal or informal), since nextly I'll
> start working on the internal abstract model for plugins/processing
> objects and maybe I'll have the opportunity to continue developing
> NASPRO under the wing of a formal Italian institution (I won't reveal
> the name until it's done).

I definitely think a collaboration could be opportune at some point.
Integra development is also progressing very slowly due to the limited
time of the developers (including me).

> Right now, due to very limited manpower, I think the first release
> will just support LADSPA and Audacious plugins and provide two
> NASPRO-based bridges (NASPRO-to-LADSPA and NASPRO-to-Audacious) to
> make them totally interoperable.

I'll look out for that.

> Audacious is just a little music player with a very limited fx plugin
> API, while I guess you already know LADSPA. I'm choosing this two
> architectures because of their "humble" capabilities.... let's start
> simple.

Sounds very sensible. Likewise, Integra has just started out providing
bridges to Max/MSP and Pure Data environments.

> What do you think about that? Any suggestions?

Not at the moment. I only have a week to go before I submit my PhD, so I
am _very_ busy. I'll have a think about things after that.

All the best,

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk