[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Mbak Aris bisa jelaskan? Govt Doing Little to Protect Us From Abusive Maids, ..

  • From: "RM Danardono HADINOTO" <rm_danardono@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 09:01:28 -0000

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com **Mungkin mbak Aris dan kawan kawannya
bisa jelaskan?

--- In ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ambon" <sea@...> wrote:

> REFLEKSI: Tiap tahun ratusan ribu jemaat  Indonesia pergi  ke Arab
Saudia untuk melakukan ibadah suci. Mereka kesana karena Arab Saudia
adalah Tanah Suci sesuai atauran agama.  Di Tanah Suci  diberlakukan
Syarat Islam  yang umurnya sudah satu setengah abad lebih, terbukti
disana tidak terjamin keadilan kepada sesama mahluk manusia cipataan
Allah [sebagai contoh perlakuan terhadap TKW dalam artikel dibawah
ini]. Maka tibul pertanyaan apakah syarat Islam yang dipromosikan di
Indonesia akan lebih baik? Ancaran jawaban terhadap pertanyaan tsb
ialah paling tidak akan bernada bahwa bila Syarat Islam diberlakukan
di Indonesia akan sama sekali bukan saja tidak membawa faedah apa-
apa kepada masyarakat tetapi malah merugikan mutu kemanusian.

> Bagaimana komentar Anda?
>

> http://www.arabnews.com/?
page=1&section=0&article=85015&d=8&m=7&y=2006

> Saturday, 8, July, 2006 (12, Jumada al-Thani, 1427)
>
>       Govt Doing Little to Protect Us From Abusive Maids,
Employers Say
>       Arab News
>
>       JEDDAH, 8 July 2006 - Cases of Asian maids running away and
leaving their employers in desperate situations seem to be a growing
phenomenon. We tend to hear many cases of maids being abused by
their employers but at the same time there are multiple cases of
families themselves being abused and treated inappropriately by
their maids.

>       Recently, having only been in the Kingdom for two days an
Asian maid ran away from her sponsor's home. In another case one
maid demanded her employers send her back to her home country saying
working, as a maid, was not befitting her and in a third case a maid
left her sponsor's house at a critical time when the lady of the
house had given birth just a few days earlier.

>       According to Al-Watan newspaper, many Saudis complain that
the Ministry of Labor is doing very little to protect their rights
as more and more maids run away. Employers say that they end up
losing considerable amounts of money when the housemaids flee and
are never compensated. It seems that as soon as the workload
increases and maids are asked to rub some extra elbow grease into
their work then the women bail out and abort ship.

>       In his search for a suitable trustworthy, polite and
hardworking maid, Rashed Abdul Rahman went abroad with his family.
He thought he could find a maid and also have a short break away
from home. While on holiday they met a potential housemaid who they
employed for a month to see how she worked. Rashed and his family
found the woman well behaved, hard working and displaying good
manners but as soon as the family brought the woman to Riyadh she
vanished into thin air.

>       Rashed was left heartbroken and upset. "She tricked us, she
had it all planned," he said.

>       A short time later the family received a call from the
police saying that the maid had been caught in Jeddah working as a
housemaid in an illegal network involving other runaway Asian
housemaids. It turned out that the ringleader was a man for whom the
maid had worked in a brief stint a while ago.

>       In a similar case, Muna Sulaiman, a working woman and mother
of a three-year-old, complained of her housemaid who ran away a week
after her brother's maid disappeared leaving her in a desperate
situation of having to juggle household chores with work and
children.

>       One Saudi mother, called Um Abdullah, said one day she found
her four-month-old daughter's head swollen and noticed the baby was
having problems breathing.

>       Um Abdullah and her husband became worried. They took the
baby to hospital to be told by a doctor that the girl had been hit
in the head. Um Abdullah's husband was furious and rushed home to
reprimand the maid only to find that she was missing.

>       Many maids enter the Kingdom legally and then run away to
work in lucrative illegal networks to be paid up to SR1,200 a month.

>       Fawzieh Al-Bakr, a lecturer at King Saud University in
Riyadh, said the phenomenon of housemaids running away is dangerous
to the community, government and security resources. Fawzieh
believes there is a sinister network behind the phenomenon of maids
running away. She says that three years ago she herself was put in a
difficult situation when her maid ran away.

>       The Ministry of Social Affairs and police deal with the
responsibility of runaway maids at the Center for Maids Affairs. The
center employs receptionists to follow up complaints and a number of
female workers supervise detained maids and ensure the women are
given food and shelter.

>       Most runaway maids are deported after all fines and payments
that maids are responsible for are paid in full. However, many
employers complain that they are never compensated for the financial
losses they incur in bringing maids into the Kingdom.

>       According to the ministry most maids that the center deals
with are women who have fled within their first three months in the
Kingdom. Many of the maids complain that the living standards are
poor in their sponsors' home; some claim they have been mistreated
and others say they are not paid regularly.

>       With maids running away and many Saudis having to face the
brunt of financial losses it is perhaps time the government did
something to maintain the rights of Saudi employers who are abused
by their dishonest maids.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM
Mohon Perhatian:

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi