[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Hidayah vs gratia-

  • From: "RM Danardono HADINOTO" <rm_danardono@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:05:47 -0000

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com **Grace mempunyai beberapa makna, dalam
context theology adalah
sebagai berikut:

grace, in Christian theology, the free favor of God toward humans,
which is necessary for their salvation. A distinction is made
between natural grace (e.g., the gift of life) and supernatural
grace, by which God makes a person (born sinful because of original
sin) capable of enjoying eternal life. In general, the term grace is
restricted to supernatural grace, usually considered as the keystone
of the whole Christian theological system.

Supernatural grace is usually defined as being actual or
sanctifying. Actual grace turns the soul to God; sanctifying grace
confirms and perpetuates the ends of this conversion and makes the
soul habitually good. Most theologies (except in Calvinism), wishing
to maintain humanity's freedom in addition to God's complete freedom
in granting grace, distinguish prevenient grace, which frees a
person and awakens him or her to God's call, from cooperating grace,
by which God assists to salvation the free person who seeks it.

In every Christian theology God is considered to grant grace quite
freely, since its gift is far greater than any person can merit. As
to which persons are offered this grace, there is great difference.

end of quote----------------------

Jadi, grace, gracia, gratia, samasekali tak mempunyai makna duniawi.

Ingat kan lagu gereja yang indah: "Amazing Grace"? Juga dalam lagu
ini tak disebut sisi material dari kata ini:

Amazing Grace Lyrics

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see. (end)

  Nah, mbak Lina tinggal bandingkan dengan definisi hidayat dalam
bahasa Arab.

salam

danardono

--- In ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lina Dahlan" <linadahlan@...>
wrote:

> Hidaya(t) itu 'petunjuk'. Asal katanya 'huda' [huruf 'h(a)' dan 'd
> (a']. Menjadi kata kerja 'ahda' (dalam surah alfatihah:"IHDInaa
> shiratal mustaqiim: tunjukilah kami jalan yang lurus). Menjadi
kata
> benda 'hidayat'(=petunjuk).
>
> Bagaimana mengukur sesuatu yang non-materi?
>
> Secara general, Allah mengatakan demikian dalam
> QS16:104,"Sesungguhnya orang-orang yang tidak beriman kepada ayat-
> ayat Allah (Al Quran), Allah tidak akan memberi petunjuk kepada
> mereka dan bagi mereka azab yang pedih.
>
> Itu saja ukurannya bagi saya sih.
>
> Sedang 'gratia', gelap mbah. Mestinya mbah yang jelasken ke saya.
> Kalau 'gratia' itu bahasa latin, yang saya tahu bahasa aslinya
Yesus
> bukan latin dan para penulis pertama Biblepun tidak berbahasa
latin.
> Namun memang peninggalan tertua dari penulisan Bible yang ada
> sekarang ada dalam bahasa latin. Jadi, apa boleh buat...kita hanya
> bisa menelusuri dari bahasa latin saja, tanpa bisa lagi merunut ke
> bahasa aslinya Bible. Silakan dirunut ke bahasa latin saja deh
mbah
> kalo memang benar padanan kata hidayah adalah 'gratia'.
>
> Namun, dugaan saya adalah gratia itu mencakup makna yang lebih
luas
> dari sekedar petunjuk/hidayah. Karena menurut mbah, gratia itu
> mengandung juga unsur materialis/duniawi. Jadi, padanannya kurang
> tepat kalo memang begitu.
>
> iya, semoga mbah juga bukan sekedar dapet nama (mantu) hidayat,
> tetapi betul-betul mendapat hidaya(t) yang betul-betul hidayat...:-
))

> salam ama jendral hidayat,
>

> --- In ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "RM Danardono HADINOTO"
> <rm_danardono@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In ppiindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lina Dahlan" <linadahlan@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > Kembali ke soal hidayah, mereka adalah orang-orang yang telah
> > > mendapatkan hidayahNya, meski tak punya apa-apa. Itulah
mengapa
> > > dalam Islam hidayah tidak bisa diukur dengan materi dan
> kehidupan
> > > duniawi.
> > >
> > > salam hidayah anaknya pak soleh:-)
> > >

> > DH: lalu hidaya itu sebenarnya apa? tak mendekati
istilah "gratia"
> > dalam bahasa Latin? mengukurnya bagaimana? dan siapa yang tahu,
> dia
> > dapat hidayah atau tidak? Pasti jendral Hidayat itu dapat kan?
> > namanya saja sudah Hidayat ha ha ha
> >

> > salam
> >
> > danardono

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SktRrD/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM