[nas-2000] Re: thttpd vhosts :(

  • From: "flipstar@xxxxxxx" <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:56:10 +0200

Default User schrieb:
> Hello,
> I justs tried to change content of /usr/webroot/index.html,
> after reboot content was rechanged to default, how i may save my changed
> content?
> I was tried to  make vhost using this manual:
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/VirtualHostingWithTHTTPD
> but its not working: chown: unknown user name: vhosts
> please help anybody :(((

Hello Defaul User :-D

let me see:

there is a thttpd.conf in /etc
copy it to /system/overlay/apps/my-super-duper-webserver/

edit the file the way you like
AND change the port to say 8080
next start thttpd

thttpd -C /system/overlay/apps/my-super-duper-webserver/thttp.conf  bla

if you really want the server to run on port 80

run killall thttpd
to kill the old server and after that start "your" server.

I did not test this so it may not make sense at all.