[nas-2000] Re: restart

  • From: Dennis Suchomsky <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:26:47 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 08:05:32PM +0200, philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
right I think they produce the hardware as well
yes, of course they do
i spoke to the sales guy and he told me, they normally don't give
sources except to partners.

i'm just curious - linux kernel is gpl-2 license which implies that
anyone who is using or extending the kernel must make the modification
public. am i correct ?

Yes you are tell them http://gpl-violations.org/ about it ;)

Julius Loman schrieb:
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 07:20:48PM +0200, Aurel <massman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
One question: have you got any contact with raidsonic. Don't you
think they would be interrested in improving their NAS with the open source
community. On the other hand we can get more info.
I think that we should enter in contact and try this.
I have the mail of the Raidsonic Product Manager if you want Flip.
I don't think raidsonic makes this firmware. check the firmware to the another device posted few days ago - it's almost the same and completely
another vendor and visual. I thnik the firmware creator is storlink.
Regards !

Selon philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>:

Dennis Suchomsky schrieb:
The tinky cgi scripts are shell-script
but the orig. cgi files used by the firmware
are compiled C-progs.
And where are the sources?

Am 16.05.2007 um 10:42 schrieb flipstar@xxxxxxx:

# tinky
# new tinky layout
# directory structur

looks good its clear what is stored in the folders.

The tinky dir is for configuration
files etc.
    - savedata.conf
    - tinky.conf (?)

Do we want a tinky.conf (guess yes)
we could give the user the possiblilty to
define special variables like:

Yes a tinky config would be good I think.

just to give an example

We should really stop using seperate start and
stop scripts and do it the common way with
a start and a stop funktion in one file

    start() {

    stop()     {

for all the installed bins

does a seperate bin dir for tinky scripts make sense
to get a cleaner layout???
don't think so just name the scripts s.t with tinky that they will be
easy to find
sorry this is all I got to say right now Im not too deep into your work
to make more comment but Im sure I will be soon ;)

To build a package I need to X-compile it right? Because i having troubles setting up the toolchain on my gentoo box perhaps you have a
sample toolchain for me.

Where can i find the sources for the cgi scripts the webinterface is using? I think there is some work needed too and i would like to program
stuff like web interface fot ctorrent, top, netstat etc...
hmm ok thats it right now

[ Julius Loman ][ lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx ][ http://lomo.kyberia.net ] [ icq:35732873 ]