[nas-2000] new ideas

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 19:07:21 +0200

Hi List,

I'm back from germany and bought some really nice toys
like a bluetooth dongle (class 2 (100m)) and a 2nd big harddisk.

So why not make the NAS a bluetooth/Lan Router or bt/printserver?
I'll try to learn something about bluetooth in the next time.

@Tom I agree that it is problably not a good idea to power 2 or
even 4 HD's with the powersupply but how much power/watt dose
your DualHD Nas got?
guess I'll put the 2nd hd in a external 3.5" Harddisk-box with
its own powersupply.
(The NAS2000 comes with a 12V, 2A. 34W)

@Julius ill test your kernel and email you the kmessages later.

A few days ago a nice person send me a hint that another nas
that is also based on the NAS-2000/storlink arch has bittorrent support
in the (sausalito) webgui. So I thing that the next tinky version
(yes I still think comfort is a nice thing) should have a more
modular layout for the WebGUI/Sausalito as well. This way people
could decide if they need Printersupport/Bittorrent or USB-Hotplug etc.
and simply fire up "ipkg install tinky-app-printer". Because the
sausalito thing is really modular it should be easy to add stuff
more or less on the fly.

bye
flip