[nas-2000] [nas2000] Dual Nas Firmware

  • From: gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:15:27 +0000

Hello,

Firstly can I apologise for my earlier post in error, and wish you all a Happy
New Year; I'll try to do better in 2008!

I have been reading these threads with interest, as I have a Dual NAS with one
500GB HDD fitted; I use the Dual NAS for file serving within my home network
but would ideally like to stream audio & video files, to locations both inside
and outside my home network.

The Dual NAS is running the latest firmware number G5S52233211, which does not
seem to allow telnet access; so far I have not been able to locate the previous
firmware number G5S52233205, although I have found but have not installed
CentriNAS v233a.

Should I be attempting to (a) locate and install the previous firmware number
G5S52233205, (b) install CentriNAS v233a and/or (c) install some other
firmware, eg NAS2000; in order to archive multimedia streaming using something
like Twonky?

I would be grateful for any advice you may have; please assume I am an absolute
beginner, so any basic instructions would also be much appreciated.

Thanks

George

Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?
http://www.searchgamesbox.com/celebrityseparation.shtml