[nas-2000] Re: nas and web development enviroment?

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:44:23 +0200

OK here is a very short version ... :)

get the source and kernel.rar from the raidsonic site.

Unpack the source.rar and cd to chroot there unpack
all the dirs make sure the 920xxx is the last you extract
now create a dir called source and copy all the files which are at the
same level as chroot to the source-dir.

chroot . /bin/bash

the developers tried to clean up but there are still
some infos in the /root/.bash_history :-)

This info is just what i can remember of when i did this
some weeks ago.

Dennis Suchomsky schrieb:
> Ah ok,
> please do not write an article for x-compiling there are really good
> ones like
> http://people.debian.org/~debacle/cross/
> http://www.scratchbox.org/
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Cross_Compile
> and we need your knowledge for teh important stuff ;)
> I just need to play around with it a little bit but Im sure i can make
> it work with theese articles. I think its better when you concentrate on
> the important stuff I will the articles in the wiki.
> Am 16.05.2007 um 18:21 schrieb philipp Wehrheim:
>> Hi,
>> you can install almost everything you want but maybe
>> you want to go for tiny's like:
>> tinyperl, tinyphp etc.
>> I thought about replacing the
>> webserver (acme.com) with
>> minihttp or boa
>> as far as i know minihttp supports ssl :-)
>> I'll write an howto about cross-compiling.
>> --
>> flip
>> Dennis Suchomsky schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>> just curious if it's possible to install a LAMP like system on the NAS
>>> not for beeing a webserver for the public more for developing on this
>>> tiny box :)
>>> Is there enough performance to let a webserver run with php module and a
>>> SQL Server?
>>> What programs would you use? The apache is probably much too big for the
>>> Hardware but what about tiny httdpd and the GNU SQL server?  Or what
>>> about using teh installed server what is this for a software anyway?
>>> bye
>>> Dennis