[nas-2000] Re: mount samba

  • From: Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:07:29 +0100

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, robin wilding wrote:
> Hi
> does anyone know how I might be able to mount a network samba share on
> tinky? Samba is there serving the nas samba shares fine and smbclient is in
> ./system/hddapp/bin/smbclient and seems to work ok, but there is no
> smbmount and the busybox mount doesn't seem to like doing it either.
i don't think that's directly possible, since smbfs filesystem is not
available (check /proc/filesystems).
> Any ideas?
you have to build smbfs kernel module. fastest path is with gentoo chrooted
environment, then download kernel sources for 2.6.10, rename the kernel build
in Makefile to match your kernel - (versatile) and try to build the kernel.
then just insmod the smbfs module. this is how i've successfully built fuse
module for mounting remote filessystems with sshfs.

[Julius Loman][lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx][http://lomo.kyberia.net][icq:35732873]