[nas-2000] Re: kernel / toolchain

  • From: Timo Hoenig <thoenig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:55:51 +0200

Hello Flip,

Thanks for the quick reply!
On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:48 +0200, flipstar@xxxxxxx wrote:

> do you know this:
> http://www.devbase.at/nslu2/keyevent.php
> and
> http://www.devbase.at/voip/yeaphone.php

Looks very nice at first glance, thanks for the pointers.  However, I
will not go for the NSLU2 as I'd love to keep the hard drive in some

> Yes it is and I have already done so in order to get my usb-phone ->
> "NAS goes VOIP :-D) to work. The usb-phone is like a very limited
> usb-sound-card ... so that is working BUT the phone (keypad) i have is
> not supported by any kernel dirver :-( so I ordert a Y1K (
> http://www.yealink.com/en/view.asp?ClassLayer=10)
> that is supported by the linux kernel.

OK.  This is my "go" to get the NAS2000 right away.  Including a the USB
connector, of course :-)

> Ill upload the nessery files etc and write a howto once i got it
> working.

Alright.  We could probably merge the sources.rar content into some SVN
which can directly be used as a central point for manging our efforts
(code wise).

> But still I have no inet in my house :-(
> maybe next week.

Hehe, same here.  I've just moved and I'm still waiting that Congstar
enabled my DSL port ;-)