[nas-2000] Re: kernel / toolchain

  • From: flipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:48:17 +0200

Hi Timo,

> Hi!
> Just yesterday I've started looking a little closer at the RaidSonic
> toolchain, their kernel source and the configuration tmp/tmp.config.
> My plan is to connect a USB sound card to the NAS 2000 in order to use
> mdp or a similar project to play music using the little box.

do you know this:

> Is it possible to recompile a custom kernel and/or adding custom kernel
> modules?

Yes it is and I have already done so in order to get my usb-phone -> "NAS goes
VOIP :-D) to work. The usb-phone is like a very limited usb-sound-card ... so
that is working BUT the phone (keypad) i have is not supported by any kernel
dirver :-( so I ordert a Y1K (
that is supported by the linux kernel.

Ill upload the nessery files etc and write a howto once i got it working.

But still I have no inet in my house :-(
maybe next week.