[nas-2000] how to grab the power-button?

  • From: Felix Mellmann <mellmispam@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:25:19 +0100

Hey guys,

my nas-1000 runs with a debian system from hdd, so i had to exchange some parts of the flash. I know, that the originial system was able to shutdown the system whenever someone pushes the power-button. Okay since debian does not get that information, it keeps running, but one of the leds flashes and after 30 seconds, the nas shuts down itself, leaving the filesystem in an unconsistent state. So I have to use a remote "slogin root@nas halt" for system halt.

In /sys/class/misc there are two devices listed - sl_pwr and sl_gpio (aka /dev/sl_pwr and /dev/sl_gpio). Does anyone know if those devices return the push on the power-button, and how to use it? In the meantime I think I will try to open one of those devices and print on the console what they return, but I fear, that I will have to use ioctl's ...

thank you in advance,