[nas-2000] few different questions about the IB-NAS2000

  • From: "Grega Kovac" <grega.kovac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:48:30 +0200

Hi guys.

I own IB-NAS2000 and i've been using it for backup only (in the office). It
is connected to my local network and it is on all the time (fan speed = low)
and it's stored directly in the office where the temperature is not too
high. It's running Tinky 2.3.2 and lately i'm noticing "strange" behavior:
- noticed that it has frozen a couple of times and i had to restart it
- web administration is slow
- can't do the restart from the web admin
- can't save configuration (web page freezes)

Since i've been noticing these problems i turned up the fan speed to high,
and it seems a bit better (i was able to save the configuration). But now
the damn thing is so loud that it has really been bothering me.

Questions:
1) where do you keep your NAS
2) is it possible that the problems begun because it was overheating?
3) has anyone tried to change the cooler of the disc?
4) has anyone had similiar problems?

thanks for the insught,Grega