[nas-2000] Re: compile using the nas ...

  • From: "flipstar@xxxxxxx" <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:03:14 +0100

Oliver Brinzing schrieb:
Hi flip,

If you don't mind you could upload your _clean_ buildenv at nas-2000.
Since mine was is used and many files are changed over the time.

ok, but how can i upload ? i could tar -czv -f archive.tar ./gentoo
this is how i backup using knoppix with usb connected nas ...

When you are done let me know and I'll send you an ftp account via PM.

and what is clean ? after installing the build env, i did the steps i described in

clean would be after deleting:

- /tmp/*
- /var/tmp/*
- /usr/portage/distfiles/*
- /usr/portage/packages/*

then:

tar -cjpvf gentoo_buildenv_`date +%Y%m%d`.tbz2 ./gentoo

my last mails to update python and portage ...

now i still have to do
#emerge -avt python-updater
#emerge -avt portage
but this will take time :-)